Sunday, February 3, 2013

Two small projects

Sometimes I just need an easy project.  

I think everyone should have a few little projects along with the big ones.
Here are some little projects.

This is one of those pinterest projects that caught my eye.  Easy.  Glass jar + paint applied to the inside of jar = pretty. 



I made these mugs for my dear friends Nicole and Mike.  I found the tutorial on one of my favorite blogs here.  I did use a more permanent pen meant for writing on mugs and such and it holds up a lot better in the dishwasher.  I used something like this.   

Nicole and I became friends during nursing school.  And I know she is one of those life long friends.  She is now working on her PhD in nursing and Mike is an engineer.  I tried to come up with messages that applied to them specifically.  I worked in the pi sign for Mike and Nicole's is a nursing reference.  Her's translates "Nothing by mouth expect coffee". Funny right? 

Here are a few I made for our house.




 Not perfect but I love having personal everyday items.  It's those little things that make a house a home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment