Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Photo challenge: 1 week done!

As you can see in my previous post I set a goal for myself to take a photo outside everyday this year.  I have quite a few other goals for 2013 that I will be sharing soon.  But for now here is week one!

Day 1: This first pic I took was of what I call "The Lord of the Rings" tree.  It just looks like it could come alive!  When we bought our house this tree was actually a pretty big selling point for me.

Day 2: I have been LOVING that I have been getting outside more.  I find myself looking forward to my walks.  So does Quincy!  I think he is starting to expect them each day. 


Day 3: I was near Lake Superior and couldn't resist taking a pic of this greatest of Great Lakes.


Day 4: I have noticed that one way to create variety in  my pictures is to take picture at different times of day.  Here is a sunrise.

Day 5: This is not my first picture of stacked wood and I am sure it won't be my last.  I think it is cool looking.


Day 6: This one is from Sunday when I had little to no time outside.  I went right from church to work.  I snapped this one on my way to the car.  I turned out to be my favorite one! Crazy.



Day 7: I do love living in an area of the world where we have four seasons.  I am looking forward to seeing that change in my photos as the year goes on.  These leaves are the only ones left these days.



That's week one! I don't know if I will do a summary every week, likely once in a while.  

I did notice a common thread in all these pictures.  Did you?  Trees!! I suppose if I lived in town there would be more buildings.  I will try to spice it up a little more.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I've literally looked at your blog every day since January 1st. The Lake Superior and the stacked wood photos are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be cool to do a contest to guess the theme every once in a while. Idea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil says you should take one day this year to take a picture of our house. Then you could stay for dinner, tea games or whatever. ;)

    ReplyDelete