Saturday, December 29, 2012

My 365 photo challenge


Hey everyone!  I have started getting some goals in place for 2013.  2012 was great and I was able to meet one of my goals for this year by starting this blog.  This is all new territory for me.

I am excited to share one of my goals with you.  There are so many different 365 daily photo challenges out there!  It is crazy to see how dedicated and creative people can be.  One blog I love to read inspired me. This blogger is doing a photo challenge that involves taking a picture everyday of her home, you can read about it here.


 I decided to that I wanted to try this out.  I am not putting too many rules on myself other than this main one:  Take one picture a day outside.

I may be taking it with my phone or with my Canon, just depends.  I am hoping for a few results.

1.) This will make me get outside more! That can be hard to do with these northern winters.  There is awesome beauty right out my front door.  Time to go and take it in.

2.) That by taking a picture everyday it will force me to get more creative with angles, lighting, and subject matter.

Really that's it.  Pretty simple.  I do plan on using instagram and other photo editing software sometimes. 

I also hope to share some of what I see outside here on this blog.  

These pictures are from a recent walk in the woods.  Winter is so peaceful. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your project. I've always dreamed about homesteading (although in my dreams it is somewhere warmer than the UP). I wish I could go outside and be in the wilderness, but I have to drive 30 minutes to get anywhere resembling the wilds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike! I am already enjoying it and it is only day two. It's funny, I have to drive at least 30 minutes to get to anything resembling civilization!

    ReplyDelete