Monday, January 21, 2013

Old made new

I finally finished these end tables!  I have had them for quite a while and was unsure of what to do with them at first.  Of course I painted them my favorite color, white! Can white be your favorite color?  Well, maybe just my favorite color for furniture and smaller things.  I still have plans to paint our walls soon.  Starting with the nursery. 



The next set of pictures show how long I really have been slowly working on these.  This before and after picture was taken during the summer.  Some projects just are slow to develop.


 One thing I had to find was something to replace those dated fake drawer pulls.  Unfortunately they were an unusual size so I had to fill in the old holes and just picked new handles.  Well...actually old handles.  I found these at a local Habit for humanity Restore.  I looked online for a while but most choices were too expensive.  These were 50 cents each!  


These end tables are going downstairs next to the futon.  Someday when I grow up I will get a real couch.  Until then it is a futon.  With cute white end tables. 

No comments:

Post a Comment