Thursday, December 27, 2012

A little face lift

I have been trying to think of a way to display some patches of ours.  Jason and I love to backpack, hike, and camp.  We have been collecting them as travel we through national and state parks.  Some have been missed, we will have to order some to complete our collection.  Here is what I came up with...

Here is what it looked like before...
I had made this a few years ago from an old frame that I painted and some bulletin board.  I have never been really happy with how it turned out, so it was just sitting down stairs.
 It was just sloppy and after lots of moving the frame was pretty dinged up.

I repainted the frame and then covered the bulletin board with a piece of navy fabric I had laying around.  By using the fabric I was able to cover up the unclean look and am still able to pin the patches into the board.  I just stapled the fabric to the board.

 
 
Much better.  Now to order those missing patches and to do more hiking!!  There is still plenty of room on this board.  It is a fun way to remember all the great trips we have had together.  I kinda feel like I am back in girl scouts, trying to earn my patches!  

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! We, too, get patches at almost all of the parks we go to. And, we have a stack of them looking for a way to be displayed. I had been thinking that I'd make a photo album with all of our adventures and sew the patches onto a fabric slip cover. We've been married almost 7 years and that hasn't happened. I will be looking for a frame and some cork board now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you like it! It is a super easy way to display them. I have liked looking at them and remembering what a great time we had on each trip.

    ReplyDelete