Thursday, June 21, 2012

Six years old.

The birthday girl. 
 
I remember when I turned six.  I think it may be the first birthday I remember.  I have seen pictures of my other parties but for six years old I have my own memories.  Delaney, my niece, turned six last month.  I wanted to provide the picture memories but I am hoping she has her own memories from this party for years to come. 

The birthday brother. 

Some of the party goers. 

When I turned six our family was living in Virgina.  My memories include getting overalls as my main gift.  Awesome.  I also remember going to the circus (in my overalls) and getting called down to the center ring with all the other kids that were there for their birthdays.  I remember being slightly shocked that I shared my birthday with other kids.  What?!?  I thought I was the only one born on that day.  Weird.  Oh, how narrow our view of the world is as a child.  

Delaney taking some time for a picture with me.  Sure love this girl! 

All the kids are checking out each others donkey tails.  Nothing like some old fashioned "Pin the tail on the donkey." 


 Here are the results. 


 My rocking sister made these sweet cakes. 

 

And the cool Mom (my sis)  that put it all together...



2 comments:

  1. Great Pics, thanks for sharing them. It looks like I missed a great party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely couldn't have thrown this party without you, sis! Thanks for you help and for you mad camera skillz!

    ReplyDelete