Thursday, June 7, 2012

Stop and smell the lilacs

Usually I show the finished projects and not the work part.

It's not always pretty. Even though there has been much work going on here at home now that the outside has now become liveable, everyone has to stop and smell the lilacs, right? I don't have roses, yet. My grandma had a beautiful rose garden. Green thumbs are inherited, I hope.

Here is some work.

Now...smell those flowers.

Back to work.

There are those moments that make you pause and look. I am always saying to Jason, "Take it in, take it in!" when we see something that is special. The way the sun shines through the trees, when we are just sitting around the house eating dinner, or when we are in the car and we hear a song we both love and we crank it up. Those are the stop and smell the roses/lilac moments. Don't miss them.

I take those moments to thank God. Thanks God, for creating a world that invokes wonder. Even in the small things.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment