Tuesday, January 28, 2014

City perks brought to country life



For a few years Jason and I lived in the "city".  At least what we considered a city.  We both grew up in rural areas.  We actually really enjoyed our time in town.  

One aspect of city life that I loved was the smattering of coffee shops.  Oh yes.  Sweet caffeine. We spent hours in these spots, sipping our hot tasty energy fueling beverages.  Ahhh...wonderful.  Those were the days.  We could walk or bike to several local cafes.  Now that is not the case.  It is a good 30 minute drive to find good coffee.  So, Jason, the kind thoughtful husband he is, bought me an espresso maker for Christmas a few years ago.  It took me a while to get the hang of it and I am still learning but I completely enjoy experimenting to try to get the best coffee drink possible. 



This weekend we tried a new hand grinder.  It was lots of fun.  The hand grinder is nice because I can adjust it to a fine grind needed for the espresso maker or less fine for our french press.  I could really do a little mini series on all the ways we make our coffee drinks around here.  The grinder was easy to use, it did take a bit of time to grind it but that's not so bad.  Sometimes it's nice to slow life down a bit. 


    

After grinding I just proceeded as usual in making our drinks.  Just the smell of the coffee beans is great.   



Jason actually is a new convert to coffee drinking.  He hated coffee.  I conviced him that it was better than drinking lots of pop.  Now he is even more hard core than me.  He hardly takes anything in his coffee, very little creamer and a tiny bit of sugar.  I hope I can grow up and be like him some day. 


  
Yum.  Little whipped cream and cinnamon on top. Done.



Now to recreate the cafe environment.  Some reading and good music playing.  Bringing a city perk to our living room. 


  
One for me too of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment