Wednesday, January 22, 2014

2 little projects



What a sad worn door mat.  Lets paint it! 


Wow, way better. All I did was spray paint the mat a dark orange and then I put down masking tape and added the white paint.

I actually did this project quite a while ago (notice there is no snow present) but I wanted to share it.  I was about to throw away this sad door mat when I thought "Hey! There is still life left here."  

The next project was to replace a much loved earring holder I had on my dresser.  I have been trying to de-clutter surfaces in our home.  It's crazy how dressers, tables, counter tops collect stuff.  Here is what I came up with after looking though Pinterest.

I found this old frame in my parents basement and painted it.

Then I found wire stuff in our garage and cut it to size.



And put it together.


Then I found a birch branch in a pile of wood in our back yard. I got some long nails and then just rested the branch between them. Since it is just resting there I can grab necklaces off easily. 

It really makes my day when I can put together projects without going to the store to buy something.  Everything for these two projects I had on hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment