Wednesday, November 21, 2012

In the details


A while ago I spent an afternoon with my friend Becca and she introduced me to some great local antique shops that I had never been too.  Even in this rural area we live in there are some great gems.  


Here is what I found.  This vintage post card is great. I painted an old frame yellow to display it.  


At the holidays at my Mom has gravy boats on the table and I just love that.  Not sure why.  Had to get one for my table.  



One store what a great selection of tins and I had to bring some home, nice storage for tea.  



I also found this rail road spike that has two cities that are near and dear to my heart.  Our family has vacationed near these towns my entire life.

I love all these little touches.  Looking forward to our next antiquing afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. Come to Negaunee some time and we can dig through the antique stores together! There are 3 (4?) stores "downtown" and 2 of them are pretty big. Glad to see you back to blogging. I forgot about the globe. I'll try to remember to check for it tomorrow and maybe I'll run it over to your parents' house--need to drop a gift off for Tanner's baby, too.

    ReplyDelete