Monday, February 20, 2012

Songs in the winter

Welcome to our blog!  We are excited to get building this space as we settle into our new home.  Home is in northern Michigan's abundant woods that offer beauty and oh so many possibilities for adventure.  We plan on sharing old and new ideas, hobbies, skills, and just everyday life.  

Here's a view from our door.



Lately I have been longing for spring as most residents in our climate do this time of year.  I miss the birds and the sounds they bring.  So, I decided to fill my feeders and asked for some new ones for my birthday.  Now there are lots more little singing friends.  Yes!  Here is how I am keeping track of all the new ones I see.


I have always liked record keeping.  

I write down:
-the date
-the bird name (as best as I can identify)
-a little info about the sighting

Well, it has been great fun. 











No comments:

Post a Comment