Thursday, February 7, 2013

More finished knitting

As stated in a previous post I have a knitting goal this year.  At least one project a month.  So far it has been going great and I have noticed it has made me want to knit more.  Here is another January knitting project.  It comes with some back story.  

My dear friend Stephanie came for a wonderful surprise visit with Tyler and she brought me great gifts.


Steph and I have been friends since college.  Wow, that makes me sound old.  When I first met her I was slightly afraid of her.  She had jeans with ripped knees.  Rebel.  We hit it off after I got past the jeans.  

(I have always wanted jeans with holes in the knees to be honest, but not the fake kind that had been "designed" into the jeans.  Real holes that are earned.  Like Steph's.)

The great thing about having an "old" friend is that she knows me really well and thus gives great gifts based from knowing just what I will like.  She gave me this bowl and the yarn in it along with some other thoughtful items.


This yarn was so inspiring I just had to make something with it right away.  I looked around Raverly for a while and found a great free pattern. 


This is a very easy cowl pattern.  One aspect that I like about knitting is the math behind the design.  When I cast on an odd number of stitches I thought, "Oh...I see.  Clever."  Anyways.  Here it is in action.  


Here is one with the bump and the cowl. 

 

3 comments:

  1. The cowl and the bump--in a public restroom? Been spending a little time checking those out lately, have you? You look like a well-put together momma to be. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt kind of bad taking the pic there but we actually don't have a full length mirror at our house! So, I took advantage.

      Delete