Monday, May 7, 2012

Thrifted finds

Here is what I purchased from my day for thrift store shopping in Ann Arbor.  Check out my post from April 27 for pictures of the shopping adventure. 


  This was 5 bucks!
I have been wanting to start a little globe collection.  I worked as a home health aide for a while.  I know this sounds creepy but one of my favorite parts was getting to see what peoples homes looked like.  One house had globes everywhere.  Ever since then it has stayed with me.  They were every size and color.  This is my second globe and I am thinking of painting the stand...any ideas?  I am thinking orange or a more gold color or maybe even green.  What do you think?
 

  I like this little detail. 


This table runner is a little short but I still like it.  Cool huh?  I think this was 10 dollars.  I don't know if you have noticed but I like red. 


Isn't this hoodie the cutest?   I know it makes me look about 10 years younger and that doesn't help when people already still think I am in high school.  All well.  I see many summer nights ahead with this on. This was 5 dollars too.  Yes.  High five.  Deals rock.



Now, what is this you may ask?  Well...a banana holder of course!  What else would it be?  I have some other milk glass and as soon as I saw this and that it was only 14 dollars I knew that it was meant to hold our fruit.

2 comments:

  1. A banana holder? huh.
    I think you should paint the globe stand the bright pink that they used for the international date line (I think that is what line it is) and by Sweeden and Finland. OR the cool turquoise of the latitudes and longitudes. =) ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sticker said banana holder. I wonder if the workers at Treasure Mart sit around and try to come up with ideas of what to call some of the items. Ha! I hadn't thought about the turquoise! Not a bad idea at all!

    ReplyDelete