Monday, May 14, 2012

For lovers of the pen (and paper)

I like paper.  A blank page of paper is so inviting.  I have been journaling since I was six and so look forward to picking out a new journal, with so many blank pages.  I like to write letters.  I look forward to Christmas time just so I can pick out the wrapping paper.  I have dabbled with origami, for our wedding we folded a swan for every place setting and loved it because I got to touch a lot of pretty paper.  I would like to learn calligraphy just so I can write fancy on paper.  There is a great paper store in Ann Arbor that I enjoy and made sure to stop by there to find some new stationary.  I found just what I was looking for.  

Here is some paper eye candy before I show you what I found.


      



I like this color combination on this bag.  Blues and oranges.


Here is what I found to bring home.  I would have liked to bring it all home but that's not realistic. 



There is a little feather on the top and the paper is nice and thick.  Doesn't this just make you want to send a letter to a friend? 

 
I have already sent a letter and have more planned. Getting a personal hand written letter is such a treat.  Something that is lost in our day of e-mails, text messages, and writing on walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment