Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Instagram discovery

 
This past April I started using instagram.  How I went this long without even knowing about it just shows how out of touch I can be.  All well.  I know about it now and it is sweet.  I find myself taking more photos with my phone so I can play with the options.  


(Detroit)

I have also found some great tutorials that involve printing these photos to display in your home.  I think that this is something the digital age has robbed a little.  I hardly ever print my photos.  So sad.  So many great pictures just hidden away in cyber space.

I wanted to share some of my favorites so far. 



A cactus heart...there has to be some kind of metaphor here...guard your heart...but not too much.  I don't know.  Something like that.     

A picture of a picture.  My grandpa and grandma.  


This is from a place I walk frequently.  I seem to have a lot of pictures of these trails.


  One day I was being "Auntie" to this guy and his lovely sister and we were driving. I spotted this turtle on the highway.  He was stuck right in the middle of the road!  I stopped the car (after much quick teaching to the kids to never get out of the car on a highway) I jumped out, picked him up and we transplanted him to a quiet dirt road.

It was a fun moment in the day and I was thankful to have my phone on hand to capture it.

One thing I love is how the colors pop with the right options on Instagram. 


 I have been enjoying just remembering the everyday little things.  I can see how blessed I am when I look back over these photos. 



Oh Quincey. 




 I suppose I should throw one of me in here too.  So serious. 
 


I took this just the other night.  I know there is quite a bit of dark areas here but I kinda like it. 

  Do you use instagram?  What other apps are out there that are even cooler?  

1 comment:

  1. I love your photos! I keep hearing about instagram on the internet but don't know what it is. Is it like Hispstamatic? The pic of the path in the woods is really great-you shoul enlarge and frame it!

    ReplyDelete