Monday, July 2, 2012

Before and After-A Book shelf

 I found this for 2 dollars!!! What??! Wow.  I actually went up to the cashier and asked if the price was right.  Well...it did have some serious wax drippings from candles and it was kind of ugly.  I can fix that with some scraping and sand paper and cleaning.  I didn't get a complete before and after but here is it during the process.


This was actually a display case of some kind, I found little bits of glass when I was cleaning it. 


All done.

Now here it is in action.



I thought about painting the back panel a contrasting color.  What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Valerie TourangeauJuly 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM

    Annie use wallpaper for the back and you can change it out each season. Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good idea! Finding cool wall paper is hard to find around here...will just have to keep looking.

      Delete
  2. I think painting the back panel a different color would be a good idea, but either way it looks great! Nice work... as usual. :)
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie. It sure if fun to find two dollar bookcases! Goodwill has some good stuff every once in a while.

      Delete
  3. I love that shelf and where you have it in the house is perfect-I agree that a contrasting back would be nice. If you don't like it you can always paint in white again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome shelf Annie! I agree it is missing some of your signature bright bold color pop

    ReplyDelete