Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Current knitting

I am loving this simple project.  My mom has been doing this project for a while now and after months on seeing how beautiful it is I asked for the patten.   

It's a blanket.  Kinda strange to be knitting a blanket in eighty degree weather but it isn't heavy on you when your knitting since it is done in sections.  I have made knitted blankets for other people but never for our home.  I was looking around at our boring throw blankets and was thinking... 

"Hey!  What in the world?!? I knit.  Why don't I have a knitted blanket around here?"  

Time to change that.


It is all knit stitch with decreasing and picking up stitches.  Pretty easy to do while watching a movie or riding in the car.  It is done is squares and then assembled.  I think I need ten squares.  I have now finished three.  

It is knit with Fisherman's wool and Noro.  Who doesn't like Noro?  I find myself spurred on just so I can see how the colors of the Noro play out.  

I need to start another project too.  One at a time is not enough.  I am thinking about doing this one.  Jane Richmond is one of my favorite knitting designers.  Check out her blog, she has links to her patterns there.  Ahh...so many options. 

Oh, here is the link to the blanket pattern, you can buy it on Raverly.  It is call the Mitered Crosses Blanket.  Not sure if that link will work since I found it signed into Raverly.  But if you don't have an account you should.  It is a great site for the knitting and crocheting community to get free patterns and buy ones you really like.  Plus you get to see lots of other peoples projects.  I need to put some of mine on there.  My Mom just told me about an app that makes it easier to upload your project pictures right onto Raverly from your phone/ipod.  I will let you know how it works.


             

2 comments:

  1. Fun squares! I was thinking that I needed to knit our house an afghan. We were given several crocheted ones for our wedding and then later baby gifts, but alas, none that I've made. When you do decide to post some patterns to Rav, take the time to look up and follow their tutorial--the process didn't go in the order I anticipated. Oh, and have someone test knit your pattern. I made a huge mistake in mine and felt pretty silly sending out a "oops" message to the 200+ people who downloaded in the first 3 weeks. I felt pretty dumb, but learned an important lesson!! We should "friend" on there--nmujillybean =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful squares-you can make the blanket as big as you want. The pattern as written is for a smallish blanket. I made one extra row with 3 squares in the row so it made the blanket longer. Oh, by the way-what a smart mom you have!

    ReplyDelete