Thursday, May 3, 2012

Splash of color


While in Ann Arbor I saw lots of really colorful homes.  Here are a few. 







There was a time when we had moved away from our families shortly after we were married for Jason's new job.  I started to look for a job and filled out what felt like hundreds of applications.  I had interviews and still nothing.  This went on for a year and was a very hard time for me.  I was a college graduate right?  Shouldn't I just be able to get a job?  Isn't that what college is for?  I am still gleaning lessons from that year.  Anyway, I was taking a few classes and considering going back to school for another degree.  I was volunteering in the emergency department at a local hospital a few times a week and learning to be a wife (cooking, cleaning, going on dates with Jason) but still had a lot of time on my hands.  One thing I did to pass the time was walk.  I walked for hours sometimes around town, through neighborhoods, through parks, through antique stores.  With all the walking I grew an appreciation for little details in houses.  Now that we live in a more rural environment I do miss walking through neighborhoods.

Among all these colorful homes Steph showed me the church she grew up in and it was beautiful.








Doesn't this courtyard area just look so inviting? 





The little details of the dove on the gate, the vertical lines on this door, and the little hidden staircase that make it all so charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment