Saturday, February 25, 2012

A yarn wreath for one and all

This past Christmas a friend gave me this great wreath.  I love it!




I helped her finish the wreath and that was also a gift in itself because I was able to learn and craft with her.  Her gift inspired me to try one of my own.  This one will be a gift for another crafty friend of mine.  That's the way it should go...pass on the craft love.  

All it required was:
 -a straw wreath (found is most craft shops)
 -yarn (I have plenty of on hand)
 -felt for the flowers
- a glue gun (with glue sticks of course)

How to make this:
-Hot glue one end of the yarn to the weath
-Wrap, wrap, and wrap the yarn (it took me about three times around to completely cover the straw)
-Tie a knot around the wreath at the end and then trim the remaining tail and tuck in
-Make felt flowers (and leaves if desired) and hot glue them onto the wreath, and you're done!

I will do a flower how to in a later post.  In the meantime there are plenty online.  It's easier than it looks. 

Here is that baby blanket I posted earlier with the border added.  This was my very first time doing a crocheted edge.  It was a blast doing a new technique.  I know these aren't traditional baby colors but I just am not a fan of the pastel baby blues or the soft pinks.  I still want to add the babies initials somewhere but I won't know that until he is born, so I will have to wait.     



 I have made some thrift store purchases over the past year and can't wait to re-purpose them and show you how they turn out.  Coming soon...










2 comments:

  1. Lovely wreath-I especially like the colors you used! What a great friend you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you went "non-tradish" for the baby blanket colors. It will grow with the little guy nicely. I used those same colors for a sweater for Jeremy and really liked them together. Looking forward to future posts about knitting blogs that you follow. You are now part of my RSS feed amongst the likes of Stephanie Pearl-McPhee and Susan B. Anderson. ;-)

    ReplyDelete